An X-ray scanner system designed for inspecting food ingredients and raw materials such as cereals, rice, legumes, coffee, and sugar, the XR Bulk uses a novel vertical piping system with gravitational fall to inspect a wide range of contaminants in a contained, smooth product flow.
The XR Bulk combines appropriate product handling through a vertical pipe with the inspection power of X-ray technology providing a streamlined layer of inspection for food products, well before final packaging and sealing.
The system sits vertically to accommodate production lines, with product entering through a steel infeed pipe at the top. Following the inspection, the product exits from an outfeed pipe at the unit’s bottom. All product is contained inside the pipe and inspection chamber, both of which offer hygienic design. The machine also features a proprietary custom sensor that is sealed and protected from potential dust accumulation.
To ensure inspection is effective, the unit reconfigures product flow from a cylindrical to a rectangular pathway, creating a layer with uniform thickness whose width aligns with inspection sensors.
- Eliminates product handling problems associated with conventional belt X-ray systems
- Creates homogeneous product flow without “peak” or “empty” stretches
- Employs a proprietary sensor that operates at high speeds, identifies the position of contaminants, and rejects only affected portions of the flow, minimizing product waste
- Eliminates belts, motors, and other components so the X-ray beam only passes through product, ensuring high sensitivity
- Ensures the absence of high-density physical contaminants
- Prevents market complaints and recalls, ensuring the best guarantee for brand protection
- Hygienic design and washable structure speed up maintenance and sanitizing
- Easily manages interconnection and remote support, in compliance with Industry 4.0
- Free-fall configuration avoids the need to switch from a vertical to a horizontal workflow
- Control Panel: Color touch screen 15 in.
- Data Processing Electronics: RISC Embedded FPGA
- Generator: Latest generation—up to 100 W—electronic and integrated cooling module, maintenance not requested
- Self-learning system and calibration included
- Sensor: RISC Embedded FPGA 500 mm with pixel 0.8 mm
- Data and Images Collection Software included through Ethernet and USB
- Remote assistance kit included
- Compliance with Industry 4.0 with bidirectional protocol
- CE, MID, BRC, IFS, HACCP, GMP conformity