Sustainability Product Portfolio offers sustainable, bio-based materials that encompass 3 bio-based material replacements and sustainability additives as well as 2 modifiers. Each product line features unique and complementary properties, engineered to meet specific sustainability targets including waste diversion, circularity, increased post-consumer recycled content, and emissions removal and avoidance.
The material replacements and additives, all based on UBQ Materials' globally patented waste-to-materials approach, are formulated to resolve performance challenges commonly encountered when integrating sustainable materials. The product lines are suitable as sustainability additives (10 to 30% load of UBQ-based material) or as material replacements (25% and higher load of UBQ-based material). This enables compounders and manufacturers to determine the right load level to balance consistent functionality with sustainability benefits.
The 3 bio-based sustainability additives and material replacements are each tailored for different sustainability needs:
- UBQ ClimaPos: A bio-based, climate-positive sustainability additive that enables greenhouse gas removal and avoidance and assists companies in achieving or surpassing ambitious climate objectives. With proven uses including planters, pet carriers, transport boxes, and window profiles, incorporating as little as 5%, it can shift products' carbon footprints to carbon neutrality.
- UBQ Q Series: The proven, standard material replacement known as UBQ, the Q Series is a one-to-one material swap that blends with most polymers. It can be used across industries, including automotive & mobility, building & construction, and logistics & supply chain management applications, and is suitable for use on its own where final product characteristics permit.
- UBQ Industrial: A material replacement engineered for high-value function and reliability in operational uses, from shipping pallets in logistics to bitumen roofing or building infrastructure. UBQ Industrial is a cost-effective material choice when appearance matters less than functionality.
These formulations can be combined with additional modifiers or enhancers to achieve desired properties, optimizing product development, and reducing guesswork for product manufacturing.
Supporting formulations for additional benefits include:
- UBQ Nclozur: A sustainability modifier formulated for odor mitigation, ideal for indoor and interior applications, which can include automotive interiors, consumer products, flooring, footwear, and carpet backing.
- UBQ Impact: An enhancer that blends with a range of polymer matrices to meet performance requirements, enabling businesses to bring climate-positive circularity to applications as diverse as decking, office furniture, and car-door mirrors.
By incorporating as little as 5% of a UBQ material replacement or additive, businesses can achieve better circularity, carbon neutrality, or even carbon-negative/climate-positive status. By designing products with various load levels and capabilities, UBQ helps businesses achieve productivity goals while transitioning away from fossil-based plastics.
The company will work with compounding partners, value chain manufacturers, brand partners, and product development teams to tailor the ideal formulation for each specific application.
UBQ Materials Ltd.
Tel Aviv, Israel