A complete BIM-to-field solution designed to reduce construction risk by ensuring all contractors are building off the same information, the FieldPrint Platform provides a suite of tools that enable GCs and trade partners to streamline BIM-to-field workflow by supporting the entire process from design to installation and beyond.
Building upon the success of the first-generation FieldPrinter, which has printed over 91 million square feet of layout, the platform incorporates lessons learned from years of experience in the field to deliver an optimized experience for all trades on site.
5 years ago, Dusty pioneered the multitrade layout: automating all interior trades' layouts using a robot to mark coordinated drawings on the deck, ensuring that everyone builds from the same information. The FieldPrint Platform introduces a suite of software and hardware functionality, including a brand new 2nd-generation layout robot, the FieldPrinter 2, which work together to create an efficient process for the GC and trades to accurately and comprehensively lay out BIM models on the deck.
The FieldPrint Platform supports the seamless flow of data from the design phase to the field and back to the trailer. Dusty provides an integrated software & hardware solution that architects, designers, and field operators use to get better accuracy, communication, and efficiency.
The 2nd-generation Dusty robot enhances on-site performance and productivity through its compact design and extended capabilities.
- Navigates tight spaces and easily maneuvers around obstacles for a complete layout
- Edge Print enables printing right up to edges, columns, and site features
- Shadow Print enables printing behind columns for more coverage in less time
- Full Sensor Suite enables real-time detection of edges, obstacles, and other objects that may impede printing
- Curve Printing generates smooth arcs of any radius
- Extra-wide Printhead prints points, lines, text, and curves quickly and legibly at 300 dpi
- Lightweight for easy portability
- Power Hold ensures uninterrupted operation during battery replacement
- iPad Interface simplifies the learning process and streamlines operation
The Dusty Revit Plugin eliminates errors, streamlines workflows, and enhances VDC efficiency by automating most of the manual steps needed to prepare robot-ready drawings. It incorporates best practices learned from key builders and thousands of projects to get the most complete and accurate information on the floor by automatically extracting it from the coordinated BIM model.
The Dusty Portal facilitates a multitrade layout by allowing all trades to combine and align their digital files in a single place. The Portal enables the design team to verify that all files use the same coordinate system, preview the combined files before printing, and ensure that everyone is working off the latest version. Additionally, it provides access to productivity reports for project tracking and operator performance.
Mountain View, CA