We are excited to announce our 2022 NED Innovation Award winners and finalists!
In many circles, "innovation" has been reduced practically to a cliché. Every new product and every new solution coming out in industrial and commercial markets alike abuse the term, promising disruption and change and, worse still, "disruptive change" wherever they go.
But innovation is something that we still take seriously at NED.
For the past 85 years, New Equipment Digest has been bringing the world information about not just the best equipment from the best suppliers, but also the newest, freshest designed equipment makers have developed to produce ever stronger, smarter, and more efficient tools for the manufacturers who depend on them. This process is really what is at the heart of NED and exactly what we look for as we curate material for every new issue—its innovation in its purest, most material form.
The tools, components, and equipment published in NED represent real advancements for the industry. They represent real creativity, real risks, and real R&D power that puts engineering to the test.
In this respect, every issue of NED and every new day's posts on Directory.NewEquipment.com is a celebration of the most innovative products on the market.
But we like to take things even further than that.
Six years ago, we launched the NED innovation Awards—an annual contest that digs through the thousands of innovative new products we published over the course of 12 months to determine those few that best represent the potential in the market. Products that fundamentally change their markets, crush limitations of their product class, and redefine design possibilities. In other words, products that provide real potential for disruptive change.
Once the pandemic hit, the awards took a back seat to more important matters at the time. But this year, we brought them back, better than ever, and made a big change. Instead of us picking out what we feel is worthy of the innovation title, we turned it to you, the manufacturers, to tell us what you feel is deserving of that name.
I feel that’s truly important; Letting our vast network of committed workers and experts out in the field log in to rank their picks as not just the best examples of innovation, but those with the most potential for practical implementation of them.
So, thank you for aiding us in this effort, and with that, it is now our pleasure to introduce you to the 2022 NED Innovation Awards class.
To skip to a specific product, click on it's link below.
- AutomationDirect: CLICK PLUS PLC
- Bosch Rexroth: ctrlX COREplus X3
- Honeywell: Experion HALO Operator Advisor
- OPEX Corp.: Infinity AS/RS
- Phoenix Contact: Axioline Smart Elements
- Rockwell Automation: Micro850 and Micro870 Controllers
- Vanderlande: ADAPTO V3.0
Controls & Instruments
- Fluke Networks:
- Honeywell: Experion PKS HIVE
- Radiant Vision Systems: XRE Lens
- Scantek, Inc.: Acoustic Camera
Electrical & Electronics
- Bosch Rexroth: Function Integrated Profiles
- Phoenix Contact: XTV Terminal Blocks
- Rockwell Automation:
Hydraulics & Pneumatics
Machine Tools & Metalworking
Material Handling & Packaging
- BEUMER Group:
- Carney Battery Handling: Universal Battery Tugger Electric
- EXAIR Corp.: Custom Pneumatic Conveyors (Line Vac)
- FMH Conveyors: LITESORT Conveyor
- Martin Engineering: N2 Position Indicator
- OPEX Corp.: SureSort
- ORBIS Corp.: Odyssey Pallet
- Ranpak: Flap'it!
- Kaeser Compressors: Kaeser Air System Enclosures
- Phoenix Contact: Axioline P Modular I/O Platform
- EXAIR Corp.: HollowStream Liquid Atomizing Spray Nozzle
- Hi-Tec Equipment: DOCK-ALERT Safety Barrier
- Honeywell: Safety Watch
- The Raymond Corp.: VR Training Simulator
- Rockwell Automation
Software & Computers
- In Mind Cloud: Digital Sales Platform
- Phoenix Contact: PLCnext Store
- Rockwell Automation
- Knipex Tools
- Ingersoll Rand: QX Series 40V Cordless Torque Multiplier
- Snap-on Tools: