Industrial hose assemblies represent the weak-link in any hazardous chemical transfer operation except when a pull-away incident occurs. During a pull-away incident a 2-in. textile braided hose assembly can be exposed to 12,000 lb. + of pull force before it fails. Under those circumstances, the hose assembly may not be the weak-link during a pull-away incident and therefore, can result in additional damage to plant piping, bulk-head piping, tank truck piping and loading arms which can result in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous material.
In 2012 Smart-Hose Technologies developed a break-away fitting that works in conjunction with the Smart-Hose Safety System. The Smart-Hose Break-away represents a revolutionary design that offers some significant advantages over conventional break-away technology. The Smart-Hose Break-away fitting is designed with an engineered break point and can help protect chemical / LPG facilities from the potential devastating consequences associated with pull-away incidents.
During a pull-away incident a textile braided hose assembly will stretch to extreme lengths before it fails, for example a 2" x 15' textile braided hose will stretch an additional 5+ feet before it fails. After the hose stretches the first 16" both of the Smart-Hose valves are designed to close. The Smart-Hose valve system is designed to close prior to the separation of the break-away fitting. As the hose continues to stretch and after both Smart-Hose valves are in the closed position the Smart-Hose Break-away fitting is designed to separate. The Smart-Hose Break-away Safety System is the only PRO-ACTIVE Break-away in the market!
The Smart-Hose Break-away Safety System represents a unique break-away design that has revolutionized the break-away industry and offers the following advantages when compared to conventional break-away technology:
- The Smart-Hose Break-Away represents the only break-away technology that will activate in the event of a catastrophic hose failure or pull-away incident
- The Smart-Hose Break-Away represents the only Proactive Break-Away Technology in the market, designed to close prior to the separation of the break-away.
- The Smart-Hose Break-Away offers Full Flow Break-Away protection vs. Flow reduction associated with conventional break-away technology
- The Smart-Hose Break-Away requires No Yearly Maintenance vs. yearly maintenance associated with conventional break-away technology
- The Smart-Hose Break-Away offers Huge Cost Savings vs. conventional break-away technology.