Supplier: Industrial Press
This collection of priceless tips, tricks, skills, and experiences from a
veteran of the trade is presented in a way that captures the readers’
attention to improve their skills. It includes shop-tested descriptions
and illustrations of creative and unique techniques and observations
from the author's four decades in metalworking. The book is perfect for
hobbyists and veterans alike, and for those who work out of either small
shops or garages, backyard facilities and basements. It will help any
metalworker perform better and faster!
- Covers hundreds of shop-tested techniques. These creative and unique techniques have been shop-tested by the author the old-fashioned way, by repetition and hard work.
- Features hundreds of 4-color photographs. Metalworking —Doing It Better includes over 900 4-color images personally photographed by the author to illustrate the methods he describes in the book.
- Fully integrates text and photographs. The guide
has been designed so that in virtually every case, the tips and the
supporting photographs appear together on the same page.
- Provides wide range of topics. Many of the topics
address specific trade skills, working with manual and CNC lathes and
mills, as well as welding flame straightening, sheet metal, sanding,
grinding, and abrading. Earlier chapters focus on general
across-the-board skills, including essential shop math and trigonometry,
accuracy, speed, drawing, and sketching.
- Includes extensive guidance for setting up your workshop.
Chapter 4 helps you with shop basics — finding the right floor and
lights, heating and cooling, workbenches and tables, air supply, storage
and handling of raw materials, and much more.
- Written from a folksy, personal perspective. The tips and techniques are presented as an ongoing, informal conversation between the author and the reader.
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
Advanced AutoCAD 2015 Exercise Workbook is the right book for users if they liked the author’s Beginning AutoCAD workbook, or they’re looking for a clear, no nonsense, easy-to-follow text, or they want to l...
CNC Trade Secrets is from the author of the bestselling and universally praised Machine Shop Trade Secrets . This new manual does for CNC machining what the first book did for conventional machining. With t...
Organized in 13 sections, AutoCAD Pocket Reference, Sixth Edition is an indispensable aid and handy reference. It is perfect for students, teachers, and all on the job AutoCAD users who are on the go and need an occasional reminder on how t...