Klein Tools expands its innovative Voice/Data/Video product line with its new full-featured Commander™ Series testers. This high-end product has extensive cable testing capabilities, TDR technology for distance to a fault measurement, Power over Ethernet (PoE) detection and testing, link status and capabilities, as well as report management functionality. With one tool, professionals can confidently determine the status of each wire in a data, PoE or communications/video system.
The Commander Series is made specifically for testing of coaxial, network or telephone cables. The Commander Series consists of two kits: The Commander™ Test Kit (VDV501-828) and the Commander™ Test & Tone Kit (VDV501-829).
Product capabilities include:
- Test coaxial, data (RJ45) and telephone (RJ11)
- Identify wire faults including miswire, open,
short, split-pair, reverse pair and verify
- Wiremap - displayed in color per TIA-
568A/B industry standard
- Measure cable length and distance to a fault with
Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) technology
- Detect, identify and test Power over Ethernet
- Locate and identify cables with Location ID
remotes for data and coaxial cables
- Test and identify location in one step with Test-n-
Map™ ID Remote for data and telephone cables
- Identify a hub or switch or visually locate cable
runs with Link Light
- Trace cables, wire pairs and individual conductor
wires with Tone Generator (requires an analog
tone tracing probe included in test & tone kit)
- Perform active network (Ethernet) testing – detect
link speeds and capabilities
- Save, export and print up to 256 cable or network tests
- TDR technology
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) detection and testing
- link status
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
Hexagon Metrology announced the release of the RS3 upgrade package delivering a dramatic performance improvement for the ROMER Absolute Arm with integrated laser scanner. The RS3 doubles the scan rate of the previous RS2 integrated scanner, enabl...
Artec 3D, announces the launch of its latest professional-grade handheld 3-D scanner, the Space Spider. The new high-resolution scanner is the first important upgrade of the Spider scanner, named best hardware at this year's Solidworks World, since its lau...
German measurement system manufacturer Aimess has brought its 3-D infrared scanner R3Dscan to automation with direct connection to industrial robots. With the change, it is possible to integrate the scanner into production lines in order to inspect dimensi...