4x4 Utility Vehicle
Supplier: Cushman Textron
Cushman® is pleased to introduce the Cushman 1600XD4 4X4 utility vehicle. Designed to move more people around a jobsite without compromising performance, the Cushman 1600XD4 can seat four crew members comfortably and offers all of the features and options available on the popular Cushman 1600XD. Cushman is a brand of the E-Z-GO Division of Textron Inc. "The Cushman 1600XD4 is designed to maximize all facets of productivity on a work site," said Darryl Heffline, vice president of commercial business at Cushman. "With seating for four and an impressive payload and towing capacity, crews can get where they need to go so more work can get done on time." The Cushman 1600XD4 comes standard with two rows of bench seating. The vehicle has a 1,325-pound payload capacity and can tow up to 1,300 pounds. The 1600XD4 combines four-wheel-drive capability with a powerful 22 hp, 1,007cc three-cylinder OHV diesel engine. Its performance is further enhanced by an automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) with low- and high-gear ratios, a user-selectable locking rear differential which can be engaged in both 2WD- and 4WD-operation, and four-wheel independent suspension.
The Cushman 1600XD4’s many features include:
- 22 hp, 1,007cc diesel engine: The three-cylinder OHV, liquid-cooled diesel engine generates exceptional torque to provide ample hauling and towing power for nearly any task.
- Automatic transmission with selectable gear ratios: The 1600XD4’s automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) can be placed in high gear for higher maximum speed, or low gear for greater torque and pulling power. Top speed is 25 mph in high gear and 10.5 mph in low gear.
- User-selectable 4WD: To navigate through rough terrain, the 1600XD4’s four-wheel-drive capability can be engaged from two wheel drive quickly and easily using a simple lever on the vehicle’s dashboard.
- User-selectable locking rear differential: The 1600XD4’s rear differential can be locked in both 2WD and 4WD operation, using a lever on the vehicle’s dash. In addition to the locking rear differential, a limited-slip device on the front axle further enhances traction on difficult terrain.
- Large payload and towing capacity: The 1600XD4 has a total load capacity of 1,325 pounds, and its 14.2-cubic-foot steel cargo bed can hold a maximum of 660 pounds. The vehicle can also tow up to 1,300 pounds from its rear receiver hitch.
- Four-wheel independent suspension: The 1600XD4 features MacPherson struts on its front wheels and a double A-arm “wishbone” suspension on its rear axle to provide sure traction and a comfortable ride over deep ruts and tough trails.
- Durable construction: The 1600XD4 is built on a welded-steel frame with advanced powder-coat protection to withstand the rigors of everyday tasks without damage or rust. Additional features such as a front brush guard, mud flaps, and automotive-quality front cowl keep the 1600XD4 looking sharp, even after a hard day’s (or year’s) worth of work.
- Essential safety features: A tubular steel, rollover protection system (ROPS) and three-point seat belts protect operator and passengers. Headlights with high-beam functionality allow for maximum visibility in low-light situations. Turn signals, brake lights, horn, emergency flasher and reverse parking brake buzzer are all standard.
- Ergonomic cockpit design: A carefully designed cockpit keeps all vehicle controls within easy reach. The 1600XD4’s dashboard provides the operator a wealth of information at a glance, with a speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, an engine-temperature gauge, and numerous information and caution lights.
- Unexpected conveniences: A standard roof and windshield protect the 1600XD4’s operator and passengers from the elements. A 12-volt accessory outlet in the dashboard allows for on-the-go charging of mobile phones and other electronic devices. A glove box allows valuables to be secured, and cup holders and other storage pockets are within easy reach, making a day’s work in the 1600XD4 to be as enjoyable as it is productive.
- Optional hydraulic power source: To further enhance its capability and versatility, the 1600XD4 can be equipped with an optional hydraulic power source. The system can circulate up to 6.5 gallons of fluid per minute to drive implements such as plows, augers and post-drivers. Quick-connect fittings allow implements to be quickly attached and detached from the hydraulic system without tools. The system also allows the vehicle’s cargo bed to be dumped under hydraulic power.
To better customize the 1600XD4’s performance to the specific needs of any operation, the vehicle can be outfitted with a wide variety of accessories, including work lampkit, fog lamps, skid plates, a heater/defroster, a front hitch receiver kit (available with the hydraulic power source package) and bed height extensions, among others.
- 22 hp, 1,007cc diesel engine
- automatic transmission with selectable gear ratios
- large payload and towing capacity
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
Cushman introduces the Hauler 4x4 utility vehicle, Cushman’s first EFI gasoline and 4x4 option in the Hauler UTV lineup. The new 4x4 has the power and capacity to tackle the toughest jobs on the worksite, while also delivering excellent fuel economy tha...
Cushman® announces the new 8K Tug, featuring an advanced pulley system for a towing capacity of up to 8,000 pounds. Cushman vehicles are manufactured by the E-Z-GO® Division of Textron Inc. "We designed the new 8K Tug to include many of the feature...
With up to 17 feet of working height and equipped with a 48-volt powertrain, the new Cushman Titan T-1145 scissor lift has the versatility and power to get the work done. “The combination of an aerial work platform and an electric burden carrier, gives ...