DIRAK has extended its product offering to include two new quarter-turn latches which offer compression in a low-profile design. Stainless steel compression latches, 7-078 fixed cam latch and 7-079 adjustable cam latch, are ideal for any indoor or outdoor application that requires compression for environmental sealing, reduction of noise and/or rattling due to vibration and low protrusion. Potential market applications include, but are not limited to: Telecommunications Enclosures; Computer Enclosures; Industrial Machinery; Off-Highway Vehicles and Farm Equipment; Alternative Energy/Power Enclosures; Medical Equipment; Transportation; Food Equipment (non-food zone applications).
- The door is locked and secured with a 180° turn. The first 90° turn
secures the door closed. The second 90° turn compresses the gasket.
• Colored locked and unlocked indicators on the face of the latches allow
the operator to clearly see the lock status.
• Both latches offer up to 6mm of compression.
• Both latches can be used with variable door thicknesses of 0.8mm to
• Provides flexibility of the H dimension based on application needs. The
7-078 can accommodate different H dimensions by ordering different
cams. The 7-079 can also accommodate different H dimensions by using
the adjustment nuts located on the threaded shaft.
• Both latches are water and dust-tight according to IP 65 and DIN EN
• Interior protrusion of the 7-078 and 7-079 latches in an uncompressed
position is 48mm and 69mm respectively.
• Left and right hand versions are available.