Miller Electric Mfg. Co. has integrated its versatile, heavy-duty Titanium 9400i auto-darkening welding helmet into its Arc Armor® Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR). The PAPR is a self-contained personal respirator designed to protect the welder from hazardous welding fumes found in some environments. The addition of the Titanium 9400i to the popular PAPR offering, already featuring Miller’s Elite™ auto-darkening welding helmet, provides maximum versatility for the professional welder seeking the ultimate in convenience and performance.
The Titanium 9400i helmet is ideally suited for heavy industrial welding and grinding applications. The auto-darkening cartridge is located in the visor that conveniently flips up to expose a clear, integrated grinding shield that provides nearly 180 degrees of ANSI Z87.1-2003 certified vision.
“We are meeting an industry need with the Titanium 9400i,” said Eric Sommers, Arc Armor product specialist for Miller Electric Mfg. Co. “The feedback on the PAPR units from our customers has been extremely positive. Customers indicated that one option missing from the Miller PAPR was that of a welding helmet with the capability to have the welding lens flipped up to reveal a clear grinding shield; giving welders the ability to be protected under the hood while clearly viewing tasks performed between welding.”
Titanium 9400i helmet features:
- Auto-darkening lens flips up to reveal the integrated grinding shield for nearly 180-degree field of view
- Auto-darkening lens provides 9.22-square-inches of viewing area and four sensors for increased vision and maximum arc detection
- Hose features new quick disconnect and swivel connection
- Dual air flow speeds enhance welder comfort
- Ergonomically designed straps distribute weight for long-term comfort