Supplier: ACS Motion Control Inc
ACS Motion Control, an international
manufacturer of advanced multi-axis motion controllers and integrated
control modules, has developed a low-cost, small-footprint approach to
complete machine control. Designated the SPiiPlus LF-CM, the machine
controller provides multi-axis integrated control and up to 64 additional
nodes (axes or I/O) via CANOpen network extension in a fraction of the
footprint size of other products on the market. The controller includes a
full PLC, programmable in any of the standard 5 IEC61131-3 languages with an
update rate of 1ms. The SPiiPlus LF-CM is ideal for cost-sensitive
multi-axis systems where space is at a premium including biomedical, wafer
handling and inspection laboratories, factory automation machinery and servo
"Other competing low-cost, low footprint controllers typically have
dedicated low-cost SW packages, whereas the SPiiPlus LF-CM provides the same
high-performance, motion-oriented SW platform seen in all of our SPiiPlus
controllers," said Jason Goerges, applications engineer at ACS Motion
Control. "With the SPiiPlus family, ACS offers customers several total
machine control solutions. The machine control methodology incorporates
high-performance motion control along with the ability to access and
manipulate many I/O points and axes, combining the performance of a
dedicated multi-axis servo controller and the flexibility of a PLC."
The SPiiPlus LF-CM amplifiers utilize a bus voltage of 60V DC and have a
maximum output voltage of 53V. With a continuous output current of 4A per
axis, the controller provides uncompromised accurate machine control. The
controller has a fully automatic drive protection and controls 1 and 3 phase
motors and 2-phase/stepper motors with encoders.
The machine controller features interface capabilities with many of ACS
SPiiPlus' accessories including HSSI I/O modules, HSSI external drive
modules and HSSI absolute encoder modules. Design-in of the SPiiPlus LF-CM
is simple with the use of ACS' terminal breakout kits and din-rail mounting
kits. The controller comes with a free complete software package and is
available to download right from ACS' website. www.acsmotioncontrol.com.
* Low cost and small footprint SPiiPlus 2 and 4 axis control module
* Outstanding servo performance with sampling rate of 20 kHz on all axes
* Support one and three - phase motors; drive supply up to 60Vdc, peak phase current: 4 Amps
* Features interface capabilities with many of ACS SPiiPlus� accessories including HSSI I/O modules, HSSI external drive modules and HSSI absolute encodermodules
* Simplified design by using ACS� terminal breakout kits and din-rail mounting kits
* Utilise a bus voltage of 60V DC and have a maximum output voltage of 53V
* Has a fully automatic drive protection and controls 1 and 3 phase motors and 2-phase/stepper motors with encoders
* PLCopen compliant. Can be programmed in any of the five IEC61131-3 standard PLC languages
* A free complete software package is available to download*
* Supported by ACS� advanced SPiiPlus software tools
* The control module is RoHS compliant.
Reviews & Comments
ACS Motion Control, an international manufacturer of advanced multi-axis motion and machine controllers, has developed a fully integrated machine control solution that provides superior performance while reducing the footprint and cost when compar...
Ideal for use in harsh industrial environments, the DPG-SD-1 series digital Type K thermocouple temperature gauge is packaged in a compact 52mm O.D. round housing with an IP65 rated face. During a high temperature alarm condition the display flas...
The Cooper-Wessex Pendulum Skid Tester measures the frictional resistance between a rubber slider mounted on the end of a pendulum arm and the test surface. This provides highway engineers with a routine method of checking the resistance of wet and dry sur...