Advances in both hardware and software are allowing robots to move up the productino line from palletizing to processing and depalletizing.
According to a new report from The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, the following developments will redefine the role robotics play in manufacturing operations:
- Sanitation improvements will allow for direct contact with food;
- Spatial awareness that keeps workers adjacent to the robot safe
- Lower costs that will make robotics more pervasive
- Vision sensors that allow even greater precision and handling — even giving robots the ability to sort by color
- Faster speeds and heavier lifting capabilities
Read more about robot technology on Material Handling & Logistics.
Material Handling and Logistics is an NED companion site within Penton’s Manufacturing and Supply Chain Group.