The Thor computer houses an industry-leading Intel® AtomTM processor that features a dual operating system of either Windows® Embedded Standard or Windows® Compact Embedded and is the newest vehicle-mount computer to use the half-screen, full keypad form factor that LXE pioneered over three decades ago. “The Thor vehicle-mount computer is capable of providing unprecedented gains in ROI,” said Dino Koutrouki, Vice President and General Manager, EMS Global Resource Management. “Technology delivers ROI when it allows resources — both human and capital — to be invested in profit-generating areas, instead of in the maintenance or usage of the technology itself. The Thor is purpose-built for businesses to achieve immediate, measurable ROI results.”
The Thor computer offers three unprecedented patent-pending features: a field-replaceable front panel, a quick-mount smart-dock and an ignition control.
Field-Replaceable Front Panel
With ordinary vehicle-mount computers, any significant damage to front panels would require end users to return the entire computer to the manufacturer for front-panel replacement, or to purchase an entirely new unit. Now, with the introduction of the Thor computer, users are offered more flexibility, as well as time and cost savings through its innovative, field-replaceable front panel feature:
- Panel can be changed within minutes with a screwdriver
- Replacement front panel will maintain consistent IP 66 protection against water and dust
- Computer will automatically recognize any changes to keyboard configuration
Quick Mount Smart Dock
Thor computer end users will be able to rapidly detach the device from its vehicle-mount hardware, presenting numerous advantageous features:
- The Thor computer can be removed from vehicle-mount with one hand
- Unit will remain powered-up for up to 30 minutes via battery backup
- Enterprises can deploy quick-mounting hardware on all forklifts and deploy the portable computers only on forklifts currently in use
- IT departments are able to quickly detach the Thor computer for software updates
- Thor computers are easily transferred between forklifts for maintenance as required
The Thor vehicle-mount computer’s ignition control function can save valuable minutes during startup when an operator is required to leave the forklift, adding up to significant labor cost savings:
- Unit starts up with the forklift ignition, saving the operator an extra step
- Preferences may be set to sleep, shut down, or stay powered up on battery backup when the forklift powers down
Part Number 8650
LXE Inc., the mobile logistics business of EMS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ELMG), today announced the introduction of the new 8650 Bluetooth Ring Scanner for use by mobile workers in a multitude of supply-c...
The P-340 Ship Shape(TM) reusable bulk container features a stout, low profile design that accommodates payloads to 1,000 lbs. yet stands just 30 inches high on a standard footprint for the efficient storage and transportation of dry, granular, free-flo...
Nematron Corporation announces the expansion of the ePC-Lite Series. The ePC-Lite Series was first introduced in 2010 as an economical, UL-approved, fanless line of industrial PCs. Now this expanded and upgraded series features an embedded Intel® ...