Temperature measurement terminal
Supplier: Beckhoff Automation LLC
Part Number EL3201-0020
In order to bring high-performance measurement technology into a simplified, cost-effective architecture, Beckhoff Automation has announced the EL3201-0020 temperature measurement terminal. This new EtherCAT® I/O terminal is a new addition to the growing range of Scientific Automation products and high-precision analog equipment from Beckhoff.
• Number of inputs - 1
• Power supply via the E-bus
• Sensor types PT100, PT200, PT500, PT1000, Ni100, Ni120, Ni1000 resistance measurement (e.g. potentiometer, 10 Ω…1.2/4 kΩ), KTY sensors (types see documentation)
• Connection method 2-, 3-, 4-wire
• Temperature range -200…+850 °C (PT sensors); -60…+250 °C (Ni sensors)
• Resolution 0.1 °C per digit
• Measuring current typ. 0.5 mA
• Measuring error < ±0.5 °C for PT sensors (further types see documentation)
• Electrical isolation 500 Vrms (E-bus/signal voltage)
• Current consumption E-bus 190 mA (see documentation)
• Bit width in the process image 1 x 32 bit RTD input
• Weight approx. 60 g
• Operating/storage temperature 0…+55 °C/-25…+85 °C
• Relative humidity 95 %, no condensation
• Vibration/shock resistance conforms to EN 60068-2-6/EN 60068-2-27/29
• EMC immunity/emission conforms to EN 61000-6-2/EN 61000-6-4
• Protect. class/installation pos. IP 20/variable
• Pluggable wiring for all ESxxxx terminals
Due to the high basic accuracy of the EL3201-0020, the measuring error is reduced to ±0.1 K of the temperature measuring range. The factory calibration is recorded in an individual certificate, as required for high-precision measuring equipment. Such dedicated measurement technology is the basis for the integration of high-precision measurement technology without requiring special components. This leads to more cost-effective and streamlined industrial systems.
The EL3201-0020 EtherCAT Terminal enables direct connection of a resistance sensor (PT100) using 4-wire technology. The characteristic curves of the sensors are implemented over their complete measuring range and are made available to the higher-level control system in a suitably linearized form.
The EtherCAT Terminal system offers users simple, inexpensive solutions for the integration of high-precision measurement technology without the need for complex ”black box” systems. The ability to reliably reproduce results is becoming increasingly important in a wide range of automation applications in order to optimize parameters and ensure verifiability, such as for online quality monitoring in running processes, for example. Beckhoff meets these requirements with a calibration certificate that authenticates the measuring accuracy of the terminal and the exact measuring error. Online download of the certificate based on the serial number and terminal handling similar to common analog terminals make the application of high-precision measurement technology very convenient.
Reviews & Comments
EK9160 IoT Bus Coupler establishes a direct connection to the cloud without any special control program between EtherCAT I/O and the Internet of Things. As a result, the coupler enables simple and standardized integration of I/O data with cloud-based commu...
Combining flexible PC-based control techn...
In order to deliver increasingly compact I/O solutions for manufacturers and machine builders, Beckhoff has expanded its Bus Terminal I/O system with the new, ultra-compact HD Bus Terminals. These space-saving ‘High Density’ Bus Terminals feature 16 digita...