Sealed Encoders Ideal for Harsh Environments
Supplier: BEI Industrial Encoders
Part Number ES25
BEI introduces the ES encoder series, a new line of environmentally sealed encoders designed specifically for harsh industrial applications. Through the use of a magnetic hub, these rugged incremental encoders are completely enclosed and sealed. The hub is installed on the equipment’s mating shaft, leaving a small air gap between it and the encoder. This isolates the encoder from high shock and vibration and makes them highly tolerant of shaft misalignment, meaning no more broken couplings! With an amazing IP67 rating, the ES encoder series are completely protected from environmental fluids, dust, dirt, grime, and even water immersions.
• Mating Shaft Diameter: 1/4” and metric versions
• Magnetic Coupling Cover: Engineered plastic
• Starting Torque: 0.5 oz-in max
• Enclosure: Aluminum (sealed aluminum castings)
• Maximum RPM: 5000 RPM
• Moment of Inertia: 62.3 X 10-4 oz-in-sec2
• Maximum Acceleration: 24,000 rad/s/s
• Torsional flexibility: 0.37 deg/oz-in
• Kinematic Error: 3 arc-minRMS
• W eight: 18 oz
• Electrical Supply Voltage: 5 to 28 VDC available
• Voltage/ Output: 28V/V: Line Driver, 5-28 VDC in, V out = V in 28V/5: Line Drive, 5-28 VDC in, V out = 5, DC 28V/OC: Open Collector, 5-28 VDC in, OC out
• Current Requirements: 100 mA typical + output load, 250 mA (max)
• Protection Level: reverse, overvoltage and output short circuit
• Code: Incremental
• Output Format: 2 Channels in quadrature, with ½ cycle index
• gated with negative B channel
• Cycles per Shaft Turn: 1 to 2,048 (See Table 1)
• Frequency Response: 100 KHz
Environmentally sealed encoders are ideal for applications with heavy wash-downs, temporary water immersions, and excessive shock, vibration or environmental debris. The ES series combines accuracy, repeatability and robustness needed for use in harsh environments and can help reduce costly downtime of your system.
Reviews & Comments
The new explosion proof and flameproof Model LP35 from BEI Sensors is the first low profile hollow shaft encoder that features a slim 2.01 in. profile and is designed to meet UL, ATEX, and IECEx standards allowing for operation directly in Division 1, Zone...
BEI Sensors has released a new product selection guide that explains the fundamentals of various speed and position sensing technologies and how to choose which is best suited to a particular application. BEI’s extensive line of rugged produ...
BEI Sensors’ new Model 9960 Hall effect rotary position sensor is available in numerous standard configurations. Available configurations include various termination options, single or dual outputs and 24 active electrical angles. With 360 ...