Rapid Prototype Machine
Z Corporation introduces a rapid prototyping machine that builds high-end functional prototypes at one-third of the price of machines with comparable performance. Despite costing a fraction of the price of a stereolithography machine, the ZBuilder Ultra builds durable plastic parts that rival injection molding’s accuracy, material properties, detail and surface finish. It enables engineers to verify designs for form, fit and function prior to full-scale production, eliminating costly modifications to production tooling and shortening time to market.
How It Works
The ZBuilder Ultra builds 3D parts additively using a high-resolution Digital Light Processor (DLP) projector to solidify a liquid photopolymer.
Duplicate digital CAD models precisely
• Accurate: part features within +/- 0.008 inches* (+/- 0.2 mm*)
• Precision optics and motion systems for repeatability
• Innovative process with movement only in the Z-direction
Build true functional plastic parts
Material properties rival final parts
• Strong and flexible
• Consistent regardless of orientation
Razor-thin walls and sharp detail
• Minimum feature size: 0.005 inches 138 microns
• X/Y resolution from highest-resolution DLP engine
• Precise control of light source delivers sharp edges
Ultra-smooth surface finish
• Parts appear injection-molded
• Precise control of each voxel (3D pixel)
• No “stair stepping”
• 2X faster than other RP systems
•Verify designs the next day
• Speed independent of the number of parts in the build
Build size: 10.2 x 6.3 x 7.5 inches (260 x 160 x 190 mm)
*Typical (may vary by geometry, part orientation, build parameters, and process)
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
Z Corporation today unveiled the world’s first automated, monochrome 3D printer and the company’s most affordable automated 3D printer to date, making advanced rapid prototyping technology more accessible to mainstream engineers and architects. Like other ...
Book offers straight talk, valuable life strategies, practical tools, and inspiring messages for the 150 million Americans who will soon be 50 years and older—and for younger people who want to know more about the road ahead and be better prepared for t...
The traditional view of product development is that there is a fundamental dilemma between innovation and time to market. You can have one or the other, but not both. Innovate Products Faster demonstrates that companies can have both ...