Quick Drying Rust Converter
Supplier: CRC Industries, Inc.
CRC introduces Rust Converter, a paint-like formulation designed to deliver fast complete conversion of rust to a paintable non-penetrable black primer in one easy step. Just apply Rust Converter with a brush, roller or paint sprayer to any rusted metal surface and in as little as 30 minutes, a protective film will develop. No more sandblasting, wire brushing or grinding! CRC Rust Converter actually depends on a layer of rust being present in order to work.
• Applications Gaskets, transfer belts, conveyor belts, motors, plant machinery and handling equipment, rubber moldings, high temperature, low load, or high rpm slides, rollers, wheels, gears, chains & hoists
• Unit Package Description 16 Ounce Aerosol
• Brand CRC
• Generic Description 1 Dry Film Lubricant
• Net Fill 14 Wt Oz
• UPC Code 078254030432
• Unit Dimensions 7.75H x 2.63W x 2.63D in
• Units Per Case 12
• Case Dimensions 8.1H x 8.3W x 11.1D in
• Cases Per Pallet 152
• Case Weight 11 lbs
• I 2 of 5 Code 30078254030433
• Appearance Black Liquid
• Odor Solvent
• Base Type Organic Solvents
• Flashpoint Not Determined
• Flammability Flammable
• Specific Gravity 1.32
• Plastic Safe No
• Film Type Dry
• Evaporation Rate Fast
• Working Temp 650°F
• Propellant Hydrocarbon
• NSF Registered No
• Aerosol Flammability Level III
• 360 Valve No
• DOT Proper Shipping Name Consumer Commodity
• VOC % (Federal) 27
• VOC g/L (Federal) 356.4
• VOC Lbs./Gal. (Federal) 2.97
• Compliant For CA Yes
• VOC Category Not Regulated
• Removal (How To) Remove with Solvents
CRC Rust Converter dries quickly reducing down-time associated with other slower drying coatings. It prevents future rusting on treated surfaces because it seals out moisture and other outside elements. Any metal surface treated with Rust Converter can be painted over with an oil-based paint making it an excellent primer.
CRC Rust Converter is recommended for use on rusted iron or steel including applications such as vehicles, trailers, railings, bridges, equipment, overhead cranes, pipelines, storage tanks, transmission towers, fences, chairs, tables and dumpsters.
CRC Rust Converter is available in a 1 Quart Bottle (part #18418) and a 1 Gallon Bottle (part #18419.)
Reviews & Comments
CRC introduces Rust Remover, a safe, effective, fast acting formula that removes rust, not metal. Simply submerge equipment in the solution to remove rust without causing damage to metal surfaces. No heavy wire brushing or sand blasting is required. ...
The optional 3-blade holder for the Commander MILLHOG heavy-wall pipe beveling tool bevels, faces, and bores simultaneously, assuring a uniform inside bore to create a tight weld that X-rays well and a smooth face and bevel for proper pipe end ali...
With the VariMill GP (general purpose) carbide end mill, One tool can do roughing, semi-finishing, and finishing. Ideal for general engineering, energy, transportation and aerospace markets, they are part of the trusted line of WIDIA VariMill tool...