Q-12NT Temperature Sensor
Supplier: Harwil Corp
Part Number Q-12NT
VERY LOW COST For use in water and mild acids and bases.
Temperature Sensor (Optional) NTC or RTD type thermisters. NTC or RTD
type thermisters Accuracy 0° C to 70° C +/- 0.2° C (tolerances +/- 0.05°
C to 1.0° C available) Miniature 1/2″ and 3/4″ NPT Units
in SPDT, NO or NC Switch Operation NTC Thermistor or RTD Temperature
Sensor True Flow Switch Performance Independent of Pressure and
Extremely Wide Operating Range:
- Down to 0.4 GPM in 3/4 inch pipes
- Up to 590 GPM in 8 inch pipes
- Many more switch points and pipe sizes available, consult factory for free analysis.
- Target area
- Target Length
- Target stiffness
Which provide performance and flexibility to meet a multitude of pipe size and flow rate applications.
Send Us Your Special Requirements – We Will Quote A Special Unit To Meet Those Requirements
for a broad spectrum of industrial fluids – pure water, tap water, sea
water, cooling tower water, glycol solutions, mild acids and bases.
- Max flow may be five times normal flow.
- Positive stop essentially eliminates fatigue effects of turbulence, vibration and flow surge on flow detecting element.
- Very low pressure drop – typically less than 1.0 psig at normal flow rate.
- Line pressure to 250 psig at 25°C.
- Temperature to 180°F continuous.
- Switches 5 VDC to 240 VAC.
- Power the driving coil of small ice cube relays as well as some 30 amp power relays.
- Provides dry circuit interface with computer and PLC modules.
- Small size and low profile provides easy mounting in crowded installations.
- Computer systems
- Heat Pumps
- Heat exchangers
- High power transistors, SCR’s etc.
- Marine and stationary engines
- Cooling Towers
Monitoring flow and temperature of coolant water supplied to:
- RF and Radar transmitters
- Sea water & Fresh water systems
- Spot welders
- Vacuum systems
In Chemical Processing
- Liquid transfer
- Fluid blending systems
- Monitoring pump output, valve position, systems flow status
- Liquid scrubbers
- Water treatment
- Heat transfer fluids
Model Selection Chart
Flow Range Water Calibrated at 70°F.
Pipe Size NPT
Nominal ON/OFF Switch Point Range (GPM)
Target Blade #
CONSULT THE FACTORY FOR LARGER PIPES AND ADDITIONAL SWITCH POINTS.
Electrical Switch Characteristics
- AC Voltage (Max switching) 300 VAC
- DC Voltage (Max switching) 350 VDC
- Current (max switching-DC) 0.5 amp
- Power (max resistance load) 50 watts
- Contact resistance (max initial) 0.15 ohms
- Insulation resistance 1010 ohms
- Operating temperature
SPNC or SPDT, 3 Watt, 100 VAC/VDC optional
Temperature Sensor Characteristics (NTC Thermistor)
- Resistance at 25°C = 10,000 or 30,000 ohms, standard
- Accuracy (0° to +70°C) = ±0.5°C, standard
- Temperature Coefficient at 25°C = 4.4
- Other NTC specifications available
- RTD sensors available
Nominal Working Temperature/Pressure
180°F @ ambient pressure 250 Psig @ room temperature
contacts have been tested with small relays and 30 amp J-C relay
inductive driving coils at 120/240 VAC to 500,000 operations without
failure. Steady state driving coil Volt/Amp rating should be 8VA or
Dry Circuit Operation
Switch can interface with microprocessor based controllers and related computer circuits.
Model Q-12NT G.E. NORYL® (PPO) GFN-1 (10% glass fibers) 316 Stainless steel Epoxy PPO – Polyphenylene Oxide
For performance in your working fluid, see here. Free parts samples are available for testing in your “exotic” unlisted fluids.
Model Q-12NT employs magnetic coupling between the target blade and
switch body. Magnetic particles can accumulate on and around magnetic
housing which may affect proper operation. Please conduct appropriate
fluid magnetic particle evaluation and operational tests prior to and
during installation and use.
Reviews & Comments