PLASTIC COMPOSITE COMPRESSION SPRINGS
Lee Spring introduces LeeP™ Plastic Composite Springs, a revolutionary breakthrough in spring technology. LeeP is Lee Spring’s answer to increased customer requests for springs that combine the strength of metal with the special attributes of high performing engineered thermoplastics.
After years of extensive engineering design and materials research by their expert technical team, Lee Spring developed these unique compression springs. LeeP springs are fabricated in distinctive formulations of Ultem* PEI resins. “We specifically selected Ultem resin as the material of choice for LeeP. It meets or exceeds the criteria we set forth for developing this line. You might call Ultem resin the ‘spring steel’ of plastics,” states Lee Spring President Al Mangels. Ultem resin is produced by SABIC Innovative Plastics, a leader in engineered thermoplastic material solutions.
LeeP Plastic Composite Springs are stocked in a variety of standard sizes, each available in a “rainbow” of strengths formulated from different Ultem resins. The six increasing strengths are easily identifiable by distinct colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Violet, with Violet being the strongest. In addition to their initial LeeP Stock Compression Spring offering, Lee Spring has developed the advanced technology to provide Custom LeeP Springs to meet customers’ most exacting requirements.
LeeP Springs offer many advantages including:
• Unique patent pending designs to maximize spring rates and cycle life, while minimizing solid height
• High strength to weight ratios that optimize performance while reducing mass
• Excellent stability of physical and mechanical properties at elevated temperatures up to 340° F
• High corrosion resistance and generally compatible with many chemicals including strong acids, weak bases, aromatics, and ketones
• Non-magnetic material does not interfere with imaging and other Ferro-sensitive technologies
• Dielectric insulating material suitable for non-conductive applications
• Inert non-contaminating plastic composite protects product purity
• Low flammability and toxicity ensuring environmental safety
• Recyclable and compliant with most Global regulations including RoHS and REACH
LeeP Springs are designed to meet a wide range of spring applications where non-corroding,
non-metallic, inert materials are preferred. These include:
• Medical products and processing equipment
• Pharmaceutical delivery devices
• Imaging and X-Ray equipment
• Food processing and packaging equipment
• Aerospace products
• Marine products
• Electronics and electrical equipment
• Water Purification systems
• Chemical environments
• Automotive interiors
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
New catalog features over 21,000 Stock Springs. The two new Metric lines feature over 350 Metric REDUX™ Wave Spring designs in 17-7 Stainless Steel and over 750 Metric Torsion Springs, in a choice of either zinc plated music wire or passivated 302/304...
The new BlueWave® LED DX-1000 VisiCure™ from Dymax is an LED light-curing system which produces visible light energy in a relatively narrow wavelength band centered at 405 nm. This system is designed to provide users with significant advantages ov...
Now with a infinitely dimmable 9W LED lightsource which produces 2500 lux at 12 inch working distance, Luxo’s new KFM LED Magnifier produces nearly 75% more light output than traditional KFM models. The choice of a 3 or 5-diopter 5 inch diameter l...