Miniature Absolute Magnetic Shaft Encoder
Supplier: US Digital Part Number MA3
The MA3 is a miniature absolute magnetic shaft encoder that provides shaft position information over 360° of rotation with no stops or gaps.
The MA3 is available in two output versions, analog and pulse width modulation (PWM). The analog version outputs a voltage that is proportional to the absolute shaft position. PWM output is available in 10-bit (1024 positions) and 12-bit (4096 positions) resolutions and outputs a variable pulse width proportional to the shaft position.
Absolute encoders have traditionally been larger, more expensive, and more complex than incremental encoders. In contrast, the small size, low cost ($29.00 / 1 piece price, $21.00 / 100 piece price), and simplicity of the MA3 now provides absolute position feedback for a new spectrum of applications that would otherwise be impractical.
Typical applications for the MA3 include front panel control, camera pan-tilt position sensor, rotary valve position sensor, rotary air duct valve position sensor and studio lighting position feedback.
• Moment of Inertia 4.1 x 10^-6 oz-in-s² 4.1 x 10^-6 oz-in-s²
• Angular Accuracy <0.5 deg. @ 25C <0.5 deg. @ 25C
• Angular Accuracy Over Temperature <0.9 deg. @ -40 to 125C <0.9 deg. @ -40 to 125C
• Shaft Speed 100 RPM max. continuous 15,000 RPM max. continuous
• Acceleration 10,000 rad/sec² 250,000 rad/sec²
• Vibration 20G. 5Hz to 2kHz 20G. 5Hz to 2kHz
• Shaft Torque 0.5 ± 0.2 in. oz. (D - torque option)
• 0.3 in. oz. max. (N - torque option) 0.05 in. oz. max.
• Shaft Loading 2 lbs. max. dynamic*
• 20 lbs. max. static 1 lb. max.
• Bearing Life - (40/P)³ = life in millions of revs.
• where P = radial load in pounds
• Weight 0.46 oz. 0.37 oz.
• Shaft Runout 0.0015 T.I.R. max. 0.0015 T.I.R. max.
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
US Digital announces the release of its latest absolute, blind hollow bore shaft encoder, the HBA4. HBA4 absolute encoders are used as azimuth and elevation position sensors in two axes tracking systems, commonly used in solar applications. This ...
J.W. Winco, Inc., a leading supplier of standard industrial machine components, announced it now offers WN 648 Self-Lubricating Rod End Bearings in inch sizes. Rod ends are used in controlling and linking mechanisms in all types of machines. ...
Fabco-Air, Inc. is pleased to announce the launch of the new OEM NFPA Cylinder Line. The FCQN Series combines cost-effectiveness with proven dependability. It is a repairable NFPA Interchangeable cylinder line that is specifically d...