IVU IMAGE SENSOR LINE TO SOLVE COMPLEX BAR CODE READING APPLICATIONS
Supplier: Banner Engineering Corp
Banner Engineering Corp. introduces the iVu Bar Code Reader (BCR), the first industrial touch screen bar code reader. The iVu BCR reads 11 industry-standard bar codes to facilitate advanced traceability—a critical strategy for ensuring highest product quality in packaging, material handling, pharmaceutical and many industrial applications.
• Power Connection 12-pin Euro-style (M12) male connector; accessory cable required for operation
• USB 2.0 Host 8-pin Euro-style (M12) female connector; optional USB cable required for operation of USB Thumb Drive
• Power Requirements Voltage:10-30V dc
• Current:500 mA maximum (exclusive of I/O load)
• Output Configuration NPN or PNP determined by model
• Demo Mode Full tool functionality on canned images
• Sensor Lock Optional password protection
• External Strobe Output + 5V dc
• Integrated Ring Light Red, IR, White
• Output Rating 150 mA
• Display 68.5 mm (2.7") LCD Color Integrated Display 320 X 240 pixels
• Acquisition 100 fps (frames per second) max.
• Exposure Time 0.1 ms to 1.049 s
• Imager 1/3 inch CMOS 752 X 480 pixels; adjustable Field of View (FOV)
• Lens Mount M12 X 1 mm thread; micro video lens 4.3, 6, 8, 12, 16, 25 mm
• Construction Black Valox ™ sensor housing; acrylic window Weight: Approximately .295 kg (10.4 oz.)
• Environmental Rating IP67
• Operating Conditions Stable Ambient Temperature:0° to + 50° C (+32° to + 122° F)
• Relative Humidity:95%, max. relative, non-condensing
• Certifications CE
Sharing the same integrated touch screen design as the first iVu series model—the iVu TG Image Sensor—the iVu BCR allows users to efficiently configure, monitor and modify an inspection on-site. The iVu BCR deciphers bar codes of varying types to verify correct content at production speeds of hundreds of parts per minute—all within a single compact, rugged package.
The iVu Bar Code Reader enables high-performance reading of industry-standard bar codes, including:
•DataMatrix (ECC 200) bar codes
•Linear bar codes
•Interleaved 2 of 5
Several features of the iVu BCR make it particularly useful in a variety of challenging applications:
•2.7" (68.5 mm) touch screen display empowers users to configure, deploy, and monitor inspections on the factory floor—without a PC
•Intuitive interface allows new users to have the sensor up and running in minutes, without training
•Software emulator lets users perfect their application and preload parameters offline
•Compact, rugged IP67-rated housing is available with an optional integrated ring light—offered in red, white or infrared
•Exposure times as fast as 0.1 ms to ensure reliable performance on high-speed assembly lines
•Three trigger modes are available to suit varying application parameters: External (Single), Continuous, and External (Gated)
Reviews & Comments
Part Number EZ-LIGHT® K50
Banner introduces the EZ-LIGHT® K50 Touch, a rugged, cost-effective lighted operator designed for easy and efficient pick-to-light and lean manufacturing processes. The K50 Touch provides simple performance, allowing users to easily change the...
Minneapolis, MN—May 2, 2006—Banner Engineering Corp. has introduced their R58 Expert™ Series color register mark sensors for detecting color contrast in common product and material registration applications. The R58 Expert accurately detects 16 levels of g...
Fastems will have its automation systems exhibited at three IMTS booth locations. First, for the first time, Fastems will unveil its brand new expandable Flexible Manufacturing System – the FMS ONE – in Okuma America Corporation’s, booth S-8500. ...
The bottling industry has found detecting liquid presence and verifying levels challenging, particularly in two specific applications: detecting clear water in clear bottles and detecting liquid in frosted, colored or decorated bottles. In the past, these...
In the summer of 1997 the Dutch government began construction on a double-track freight railway in an effort to increase the efficiency of transporting goods between European nations. Dubbed the Betuwe Route, the track was developed to connect Rotterdam, N...