High-Precision 6-Axis Micropositioning System for Vacuum Applications
Supplier: PI (Physik Instrumente) LP Part Number M-824
• Active axes - X, Y, Z, X, Y, Z
• *Travel range - X, Y±22.5
• *Travel range - Z±12.5
• *Travel range X, Y, - ±7.5
• *Travel range Z - ±12.5
• Single-actuator drive - DC-motor, gearhead
• Actuator stroke - ±12.5
• Single-actuator design resolution - 0.007
• Sensor resolution – 2048
• **Min. incremental motion - X, Y, Z0.3
• **Min. incremental motion X, Y, Z - 3.5
• Repeatability X, Y, Z - ±0.5
• Repeatability X, Y, Z - ±6
• Max. velocity X, Y, Z – 1
• Max. velocity X, Y, Z – 11
• Typ. velocity X, Y, Z - 0.5
• Typ. velocity X, Y, Z - 5.5
• *Stiffness X, Y - 1.7
• Operating temperature range- -10 to +50
The M-824 Hexapod 6-Axis micropositioning and alignment system from nanopositioning specialist PI provides high resolution motion in 6 degrees of freedom. It is designed to work in a vacuum and combines multiaxis motion to 45 mm (linear) / 25 degrees (rotation) with sub-micron resolution and repeatability–ideal for alignment an precision positioning tasks.
The greatest Hexapod advantage is its compact size compared to conventional six-axis positioning systems, a fact that is especially beneficial in applications in vacuum chambers, where space is at a premium.
Typical Applications: Semiconductor technology, multi-axis alignment of optics,
X-ray microscopy, X-ray monochromators.
General Features & Advantages of Hexapods:
Compared to conventional stacked "serial" kinematics 6D micropositioning
systems the Hexpod (parallel kinematics) approach has the following advantages:
- Smaller Envelope for Easy Integration
- Higher Stiffness and Minimized Inertia for Faster Response and Alignment
- No Moving Cables (No Friction) for Increased Reliability and Repeatability
- Center of Rotation can be Changed with One Software Command
- No Accumulation of Runout Errors—Better Multi-Axis Repeatability
Features of the M-824 Hexapod:
- Design Resolution: 0.007 µm
- Vacuum Compatible to 10-6 hPa
- Compact Size: 280 mm Diameter x 190 mm Height
- 6 Degrees of Freedom
- Linear Travel Ranges : to 45 mm
- Rotary Travel Ranges: to 25 deg.
- Powerful Controller and Software for Alignment
- 10 kg Load Capacity
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
PI, a leading manufacturer of piezo positioning equipment has released a new catalog on piezoelectric motors. The 70 page brochure covers three different types of piezo motors – inertial motors, often referred to as stick slip motors, ultrasonic motors and...
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP is now offering the PI miCos product line of Precision Linear Stages. More than 20 product families are available starting with miniature translation stages and positioning ranges of 40 mm to high load, linear translation s...
The 400-page catalog presents PI’s complete spectrum of piezomechanic components and motion systems, from simple, direct actuators, to long-travel ceramic linear motors and complex multi-axis flexure guided nanopositioning stages. A separate section lists ...
This paper presents a new design for a linear ultrasonic micromotor for precision positioning developed by Physik Instrumente (PI). The stator of the ultrasonic motor consists of a rectangular piezoceramic plate. Two sliders, bonded to a spring which press...