E-617 Compact OEM Piezo Amplifier Module Uses Energy Recovery for High Power Output
Supplier: PI (Physik Instrumente) LP Part Number E-617
• Input volta ge - -2 to +12 V
• Output voltage - -30 to +130 V
• Peak output power <5 ms - 280 VA
• Average output power >5 ms - Equivalent to 100 W reactive power
• Peak current, <5 ms - 2000 mA
• Average current, >5 ms - 1000 mA
• Voltage gain - 10 ±0.1
• Amplifier bandwidth, small signal - 3.5 kHz
• Ripple, noise, 0 to 100 kHz - <30 mVrms <100 mVpp
• Capacitive base load (internal) - 2.5 µF
• Suggested capacitive load> - 3 µF
• Output impedance - 0.5 Ω
• Amplifier resolution - 1 mV
• Input impedance - 100 kΩ
• Operating temperature range - +5 to +50 °C (10% derated over 40 °C)
• Dimensions - 205 x 105 x 60 mm
• Mass - 1 kg
• Operating voltage - 23 to 26 VDC, stabilized, on Phoenix plug MINI-COMBICON 3-pin IMC1.5/3-ST-3.81
• Max. power consumption - <30 W
Features and Advantages of the E-617 high power Amplifier
- Peak Output Power to 280 W
- High Source & Sink Currents to 2 Amps
- Very Low Power Consumption due to Energy Recovery Principle
- Output voltage -30 to +135 Volts
- Amplifier bandwidth to 3.5 kHz
High Performance with High Capacitive Loads
The E-617 four quadrant amplifiers were designed to provide precision control of high performance / high capacitance multilayer piezo actuators and positioning systems. They can sink and source currents up to 2000 mA in an output voltage range of -30 to +135V; the amplifier gain is set at 12.
Energy Recovery Operating Principle
The innovative, efficient circuitry reduces power consumption and heat dissipation, especially in dynamic applications. Charge is transferred to the piezo actuator using low-loss PWM techniques. When the actuator is discharged, the energy not consumed is fed through the energy recovery circuitry for reuse in the next charging cycle.
PI is a leading manufacturer of piezo systems, piezo stages, linear motors and precision motion-control equipment for photonics, bio-nanotechnology & semiconductor applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoceramic and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 500.
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
Badger Meter announces the introduction of the M1000 electromagnetic flow meter, an addition to its accurate, high-performance ModMAG® M-Series® family. Combining a general purpose detector with an amplifier representing the next generation of...
Artec Eva 3D scanner is the ideal choice for those that need to receive a quick, textured and accurate scan. Eva doesn't require markers or calibration. It captures objects quickly in high resolution and vibrant color, which allows for almost unlimited ...
Part Number HIM-306-SS
Munson Machinery's new HIM-306-SS High-Intensity Continuous Blender imparts low to high shear required for blending, homogenizing, de-dusting and/or de-agglomerating of dry ingredients, slurries, pastes and difficult-to-blend materials at high rates. Fitte...
This paper presents a new design for a linear ultrasonic micromotor for precision positioning developed by Physik Instrumente (PI). The stator of the ultrasonic motor consists of a rectangular piezoceramic plate. Two sliders, bonded to a spring which press...