E-617 Compact OEM Piezo Amplifier Module Uses Energy Recovery for High Power Output
Supplier: PI (Physik Instrumente) LP Part Number E-617
• Input volta ge - -2 to +12 V
• Output voltage - -30 to +130 V
• Peak output power <5 ms - 280 VA
• Average output power >5 ms - Equivalent to 100 W reactive power
• Peak current, <5 ms - 2000 mA
• Average current, >5 ms - 1000 mA
• Voltage gain - 10 ±0.1
• Amplifier bandwidth, small signal - 3.5 kHz
• Ripple, noise, 0 to 100 kHz - <30 mVrms <100 mVpp
• Capacitive base load (internal) - 2.5 µF
• Suggested capacitive load> - 3 µF
• Output impedance - 0.5 Ω
• Amplifier resolution - 1 mV
• Input impedance - 100 kΩ
• Operating temperature range - +5 to +50 °C (10% derated over 40 °C)
• Dimensions - 205 x 105 x 60 mm
• Mass - 1 kg
• Operating voltage - 23 to 26 VDC, stabilized, on Phoenix plug MINI-COMBICON 3-pin IMC1.5/3-ST-3.81
• Max. power consumption - <30 W
Features and Advantages of the E-617 high power Amplifier
- Peak Output Power to 280 W
- High Source & Sink Currents to 2 Amps
- Very Low Power Consumption due to Energy Recovery Principle
- Output voltage -30 to +135 Volts
- Amplifier bandwidth to 3.5 kHz
High Performance with High Capacitive Loads
The E-617 four quadrant amplifiers were designed to provide precision control of high performance / high capacitance multilayer piezo actuators and positioning systems. They can sink and source currents up to 2000 mA in an output voltage range of -30 to +135V; the amplifier gain is set at 12.
Energy Recovery Operating Principle
The innovative, efficient circuitry reduces power consumption and heat dissipation, especially in dynamic applications. Charge is transferred to the piezo actuator using low-loss PWM techniques. When the actuator is discharged, the energy not consumed is fed through the energy recovery circuitry for reuse in the next charging cycle.
PI is a leading manufacturer of piezo systems, piezo stages, linear motors and precision motion-control equipment for photonics, bio-nanotechnology & semiconductor applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoceramic and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 500.
Reviews & Comments
Be the first to leave a review.
Leave your review
Your review will be reviewed and appear online within one to two business days.
Flotation cells, gas spargers, mini-pilot plants, slurry distributors and flotation test equipment are some of the product and engineering capabilities highlighted in the Flotation Technology brochure offered by the Eriez® Flotation Division (EFD). The lit...
Aalborg® Instruments’ ZFM Mass Flow Meters combine meter intelligence, user convenience, and outstanding flow performance. They are designed for multi-gas/multi-range functionality up to 8 bar (currently 6 gases) and standard accuracy of ± (0.5% R...
PISCO USA, INC.’s New Flow Controller is the industry’s first to feature a built-in shock absorber function. These flow controllers use a 2-stage speed control to regulate exhaust speed and to absorb shock in pneumatic cylinders. Pisco flow contr...
This paper presents a new design for a linear ultrasonic micromotor for precision positioning developed by Physik Instrumente (PI). The stator of the ultrasonic motor consists of a rectangular piezoceramic plate. Two sliders, bonded to a spring which press...