Mead's new DM2 Cylinders are constructed with an extruded body design
rather than a tie-rod design, making these cylinders better suited for
Dyna-Mation vs. HD Models
Dyna-Mation Cylinders are designed to generate high performance in
most applications. However, when operating conditions are severe, heavy
duty models (HD) are recommended. The HD Series boasts the added
benefits of a large-coated outboard rod bearing. The following profiles
illustrate the differences of the rod end head in both types of
Built to Last (Materials)
- Cylinder heads are machined from solid aluminum bar stock and black anodized.
- Tubes (DM1) and Tube Extrusions (DM2) are aluminum hard anodized to 60 Rc (16 RMS finish).
- Pistons are solid high alloy aluminum.
- Pistons have a PTFE wear band.
- Dynamic seals are high quality wear-compensating Buna N block V rings.
- Rods are hard chrome plated ground and polished steel.
- Rod Wipers are PTFE
- Tie Rods (DM1) are high tensile steel torqued to allow for flexure.