ADA COMPLIANT PUSHBUTTON SWITCH
Supplier: APEM Components Inc.
Part Number LPI
APEM Components, Inc., a leading manufacturer of quality switches and joysticks, is pleased to announce the release of its LPI series illuminated pushbutton switches. The LPI, with its large actuator surface and light actuation force is designed to be compliant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This product is well-suited for various indoor applications where the push-button needs to be located quickly. Typical applications include door access controls and personnel lifts. This product is also ideal for applications where the end-user wears gloves.
The LPI has been developed on a modular basis, configurable to fit the exact needs of end-users, with over 20,000 possible configurations. The LPI is offered with 9 different bezel colors, 5 LED colors and illumination in a dot or light-ring configuration. The LEDs are available in 6, 12 and 15 volts. Actuator can be produced with raised crimps, screen printed emblems or raised molded symbols.
The LPI pushbutton switch has two electrical ratings; 50 mA at 12 VDC and 5A at 12VDC. The switch is provided with either gold or silver contacts and the low current version is rated at up to 5 million cycles. Electrical functions include single and double throw in NO and NO/NC configurations.
With its 35mm diameter actuator and an actuation force of less than 1 lb this series is ideal for ADA compliant door access applications. Complying with the requirements of both the EN81-70 standard (from Disability Discrimination Act) and the ADA, the LPI switch allows disabled persons to more easily access buildings and lifts.
• Snap-action, momentary function
• Mechanical life : 1.000.000 cycles min. for 5A NO/NC
5.000.000 cycles min. for 50mA NO
• Min. current with resistive load : 0,5mA at 24VDC for NO version
• Contact resistance : 100mΩ max.
• Dielectric strength : 500Vrms 50Hz between terminals
1.000 Vrms 50 Hz between terminals and ground
• Insulation resistance : 10MΩ at 500VDC
• Integrated resistors for illuminated versions
• LED current : 20mA typical for dot or ring (30mA max.)
• LED protected from reverse polarity- • Stand-by consumption : 0,5VA max.
• Environmental protection : - IP53 for sealed version; - IP40 for unsealed version
• Impact resistance : - IK06 for NO/NC version; - IK04 for NO version
• Operating force : 2,5 to 5N (unsealed)
• Total travel : 2 mm ±0,3 mm
• Operating temperature : - 20°C to +65°C
• Storage temperature : - 40°C to +70°C
• Switch block : thermoplastic for 5A NO/NC
• Contacts : 5A NO/NC : silver , gold plated
50mA NO : silver
• Actuator crimped symbol : 304L
Reviews & Comments
APEM, Inc. launches three new soft touch elastomer handle options for the TS series Thumbstick. Similar in size and operation to “gamepad” controls, the TS series Thumbstick is ideally suited for military robotics, material handling and UGV operator contro...
APEM, Inc. announces the availability of the QS Series, snap-in panel mounted LED indicators. The durable, easy-install series is well suited for industrial machinery, domestic and commercial white goods, catering equipment, fire alarm panels, battery c...
APEM Components, Inc. introduces its IH Hall Effect pushbutton. This pushbutton switch features a 12mm diameter bushing with a low behind-panel depth. APEM’s IH series offers one of a kind Hall Effect sensor technology for a long lifecycle. APEM has...
Membrane switches are known for standing up to tough environmental conditions. Flexible and durable, the membrane switch can be customized with embossing, backlighting, sealing, and electrostatic discharge (ESD) shielding. Membrane switches can be made ...